Top ten facts you might not know about PEZ candy!
- PEZ originally came in a small tin much like Altoids today.
- This candy has been around since 1927
- It wasn’t until 1955 that the now familiar PEZ character dispensers were created
- There is a PEZ convention in Ohio called Pez-a-mania (http://www.pezamania.com/) that has been around since 1991
- Discontinued flavors include but are not limited to coffee, flower, and yogurt.
- The traditional spring cage design was patented in 1974
- The first PEZ dispensers made in the actual likeness of living people were manufactured in 2006. They were of the Teutul family from Orange County Choppers.