Feeling crafty? Try making your own poem with dad's favorite candy!
Unable to find dad's favorite candy locally? Make it at home! Check out this recipe from GroupRecipes.com for Cherry Mash.
CHERRY MASH CANDY
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 20 marashmallows
- 1 cup cherry chips or 1/2 cup chopped marischino cherries
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped or smashed with the side of a meat pounder or hammer (this is also stress therapy...)
How to make it
- Combine sugar, butter, salt and milk in saucepan.
- Boil over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in marshmallows and cherry chips.
- Spread in 8 or 9 inch square pan lined with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips with peanut butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chopped peanuts.
- Spread over cherry layer.
- Cool and cut into squares.