Handing out candy to trick-or-treaters is a timeless tradition of Halloween. Another tradition for people of all ages is dressing up in costume and pretending to be someone else for a night. Usually, these two things are not connected. But why shouldn't they be? Use these innovative ideas to pair a specialized candy to your Halloween costume and you will be the talk of the neighborhood!
Do you have a classic “Halloween-themed” Halloween costume? Hand out matching treats for a double scare!
· If you’re dressed as a pumpkin, consider handing out Milk or Dark Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Peeps, but don’t blame us if nobody screams! These peeps are both delicious and adorable.
· Perhaps you decided to wrap yourself tight in toilet paper as a mummy – Trolli Gummi Mummies are the perfect unique treat that children will love.
· Are you dusting off the old cauldron to embody a witch this Halloween? Give kids the ingredient they need to cast their own spells with Creepy Peepers Peanut Butter Chocolate Eyeballs. With a treat as good as this, they certainly won’t be casting any spells on you!
Decade Themed Costumes
Are you rocking your favorite fashion from years passed? Whether you’re sock-hopping in the ‘50’s or a Grunge Rocker from the ‘90’s decade-appropriate candy is a fun and nostalgic addition.
· Marilyn Monroe, “Sandy” from Grease and an Old-Fashioned Housewife are all popular 1950’s costumes. With Bonomo Turkish Taffy and Chuckles Jelly Candy you will be wondering if it is really 2013!
· For both Hippies and Mod’s of the 1960’s AbbaZaba Bars, Big Hunks and Fizzies will take you right back to the “Summer of Love.”
· The number one costume from the ‘70’s is the Disco Dancer. Hand out groovy Razzles and Poprocks and you will be dancing all night long!
· The 80’s were for Rock ‘n’ Roll. Bottle Caps, Blow Pops and Fun Dip will keep the party rocking until the sun rises.
· The Grunge Phase of the ‘90s may feel like yesterday, but it began twenty years ago! Enjoy a more recent blast from the past with Air Heads, Nerds and Baby Bottle Pops.
Movie characters are a popular costume choice for people of all ages. No matter who you become on All Hollow’s Eve, a clever candy choice will score you points with children and adults alike.
· Whether you are from Gryffindor or Slytherin, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavored Beans and Chocolate Frogs will show everyone you are a true student of Hogwarts. But be careful with those beans - they really do mean every flavor!
· Take everyone back to the Temple of Doom as Indiana Jones – but first, you must deal with bugs galore! Luckily, these ones taste good: Gummi Spiders and Scorpion Suckers are equally delicious.
· Captain Jack Sparrow is everyone’s favorite pirate. With Chocolate Gold Coins and Frosted Pirate Suckers you will have a crew in no time!
Matching your costume to your candy is a fun and unique way to make a bang this Halloween. Let us know what you are dressing up as this Halloween and what candy you plan to match to your costume!